So, this topic is quite important for Digital Marketing perspective. In this materialistic world now it is the boom for Digital Marketing. Almost every person knows what is digital marketing. The marketing which is done digitally with the help of a computer or a handheld device and also with the help of internet. So, now coming back to google analytics. What is google analytics? How the analysis is done??. We will study this topic in detail.
Google analytics is a free tool from Google which provides the web analytics service of the website and also helps to identify the website traffic of visitors on your site. The visitors who visit on ads or the site either from Google or any other Social Media sites. The whole report can be generated from google analytics and whole data can be fetched from it. So, what Google Analytics primarily shows:-
- USERS VISITED(how many users visits the website)
- SESSIONS(how many times a session is opened)
- BOUNCE RATE(It is the percentage of single-page visit)
- SESSION DURATION(It is a duration of how much time a user stays on a page with or without clicking. It is calculated as total time period/Total Google Analytics sessions)
Suppose, you have your own site domain. Now how it can be connected with Google Analytics?? Let’s discuss the steps:-
- Maintain a Site Domain.
- Go to plugins>>install header and footer plugin.
- Activate it.
- Now just go to Google Analytics, Sign in it with Gmail account.
- Now, Go to Admin>> Create Account.
- Now enter your Account name, Website Address, Website URL, Industry category, Reporting time zone.
- Then scroll down and click on Get Tracking-id.
- Copy this Tracking-id to the header and footer HTML tag.
- Now, your website is connected with Google Analytics.
After linking your site with Google Analytics the home page of google analytics will show all the data. Like users, sessions, Bounce Rate, Session Duration discussed earlier. Here Bounce rate is an important term which means that if a user visits the site, and then from the landing page if the user does not click on any other further and goes back from the site. So, in this case, the bounce rate is 90%-100%. The Bounce rate should be minimum.
A rule of thumb for Google Analytics is that if the Bounce Rate is between 26 to 40 then it is excellent. If the Bounce Rate is between 41 to 55 then it is an average score. If the Bounce Rate is 56 to 70 then it higher than average. If the Bounce Rate is above 70 then it is not considered to be an ideal rate.
Google Analytics also shows traffic Date-wise. That exactly on which date how much traffic comes and from where all the visitors visit the site. Means their location is also visible. It shows the complete report in the form of Bar and Chart form. So, a proper idea can be generated by seeing the graphical representation and if any need for improvement is needed than it can also be done by seeing the graphical representation.
WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH AND FROM WHERE ALL TRAFFIC IS BEING GENERATED??
In GOOGLE ANALYTICS, go to dashboard >>click on create>> create dashboard>>select the metrics type you want to add according to your convenience or you can also add Bar charts which shows the graphical representation. Add link of your website >> Click on save.. then the whole report will be generated and it will show all the details of the users who visit and from where they visit. So, a precise idea can be maintained from it.
If you want to see the reports individually for all the platforms like for Social Media platforms, Search Engine Optimization report, Search Engine Marketing report, Content Analysis report. Follow these steps:-
- Go to google analytics
- On the left-hand side, click on customization>> Dashboards>> create>> import from gallery>> Then select dashboards which you want to add>> click import>> Set dashboard name>> Click on create.
- Your dashboard is now created and now you can maintain an individual database for all the platforms.
So, Google Analytics is quite beneficial for those who want to check about the status of their website. The whole report can be generated from Google Analytics and Analysing of reports is quite easy for all the platforms.
To study more about Digital Marketing topics click
And For more interesting topics click